HYBRID Software showcases the power of iC3D visualization at Labelexpo Americas 2022
On booth 3015, Hall B, HYBRID Software focuses on virtual mockups, workflow automation, and variable data for digital label printing
(Ghent, Belgium) HYBRID Software, the innovative software solutions provider for labels and packaging, will showcase its recent acquisition of iC3D by showing 3-D visualization throughout the entire prepress process at Labelexpo Americas 2022, September 13-15 in Rosemont, IL. On booth 3015, Hall B, HYBRID Software and iC3D will join a number of their Hybrid Software Group sister companies, including Global Graphics Software ColorLogic, Xitron, and Meteor Inkjet.
One of the highlights will be the integration of PACKZ and iC3D, allowing HYBRID Software users to visualize 3D packaging in real time, from labels and flexible packaging to shrink wrap products. iC3D is an all-in-one visualization software package that lets users generate live 3D virtual mockups on-the-fly. At the booth, people can see how easy it is to model and drive a design, whether it’s a label or flexible package. High end effects, embellishments and lighting will be shown.
Other highlights are:
• Version 8 version of PACKZ, HYBRID Software’s native PDF editor: Enhancements include complex layered artwork that can now be viewed in color and wired modes simultaneously, and object-based screenings can be inspected per separation. The Smart Flattener guarantees artwork quality and consistency, professionally managing spot color and transparency interactions as well as press gamut conversions. Pactions is a programmed toolset with action lists, responding to customer needs for advanced automation. It reduces the amount of operator time needed to edit, approve, and print a new package design.
• STEPZ 8, an interactive software package based on the award-winning technology of PACKZ, allows for the preparation and execution of step-and-repeat and variable data tasks for high-speed digital printing of labels.
• Variable Data Printing (VDP), an InterTech Technical Award recipient, highlighting the ease of use and capabilities of the variable data preparation and execution of files, while providing customers the use of any open output device they require.
• CLOUDFLOW will be highlighted to demonstrate workflow management controlled from a web-browser. Featured CLOUDFLOW components include PACKZFLOW, PROOFSCOPE, CLOUDFLOW RIP, and the plug-in suite that facilitates interaction with the workflow, from the desktop or from Adobe Illustrator and PACKZ.
• SmartDFE combines products from all Hybrid Software Group companies to provide a turnkey digital front end (DFE) for high-speed digital presses. It combines Harlequin Direct, the world’s fastest RIP, along with Meteor Inkjet’s printhead electronics, ColorLogic color mapping, and CLOUDFLOW’s workflow automation tools into a powerful DFE that is fast to integrate and efficient in its hardware requirements. SmartDFE will be featured by key OEM partners at Labelexpo Americas 2022.
“The conference’s theme is ‘Turn your converting playbook from good to great.’ HYBRID Software believes it has been doing that for its clients for years—and we continue to build on PACKZ, the standard for PDF editing and the CLOUDFLOW enterprise packaging workflow system,” comments Mike Agness, HYBRID Software executive vice president, Americas. “While we have always worked well with complementary systems—including MIS/ERP—we now have a roster of new sister companies including iC3D and ColorLogic. HYBRID Software is in an ideal position to combine our label and packaging print expertise to build all-encompassing systems for any printer or converter. We believe Labelexpo attendees can benefit from a visit to our booth, and look forward to meeting them.”